Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym Review
The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym, made by Nautilus, is an all-in-one strength training
The Bowflex PR1000 combines the benefits of strength training with a few cardio advantages thrown in for good measure. It provides a total
body workout specifically on the arms, shoulders, back chest and lower body, through a 30 different exercises that can be performed on the
On the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym, users can do bench presses, shoulder press and raise, pulldowns and pushdowns, rows and retractions,
extensions and abductions. In addition, there is a space-saving rowing machine that can be folded away when the workout is finished.
The resistance is provided through power rods and it ranges from 5 pounds to 210 pounds. This makes it ideal for beginners and advanced users
alike. When combined with the 30-plus possible exercises, you have an all-in-one home gym at your disposal.
As an added bonus, the unit comes with a workout placard, which describes the proper workout positions. This is a great way to ensure that
safety is exercised during use of this home gym. Some other noteworthy features include sliding seat rail, multifunctional hand grip and ankle
cuffs, and upholstered roller cushions.
It currently retails at an average of $600, exclusive of shipping and handling. As is the case in online shopping and infomercials, discounts
are offered as well as giveaways.
The system is among the more popular products of Nautilus, mainly because of the following five advantages:
- Variety: Through the 30-plus exercises, it provides a total body workout that combines both strength and cardio workouts. In essence, it's
the total home gym! Since users have many options to choose from, boredom is not likely to set in anytime soon.
- Good use of space: The home gym can be folded and stored conveniently not taking up too much space in the house.
- Durable construction: The frame of this fitness machine ensures durability and longevity of use. As such, it is a very good bargain for the
- Easy Assembly: It can be assembled on your own, which allows savings of $200 should you choose the manufacturer to assemble it for you.
- Sufficient Resistance: The level of resistance offered through power rods is sufficient for individuals who wish to maintain or reach a
certain level of physical fitness without looking to get into professional bodybuilding or powerlifting.
The first downside, of the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is that it can be a real chore exchanging the cables for every exercise. In fact, some
users recommend spending a few more dollars to upgrade to the PR3000 model to save the trouble. Second, the home gym under review cannot be
upgraded. And third, the available weights may not be sufficient for more advanced levels of fitness enthusiasts.
All in all, the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is an excellent workout machine that could meet and exceed all your expectations.